Monday, August 28, 2006

Freshers 2006

22 Aug 2006

Had Freshers Day today. Each fresher had to ask a senior of the opposite sex to be a partner for the night. I asked Shivi, the eCell senior. I had just made it in time when I asked her out, because Mohit and Tawheed were also planning to ask her out.

I bought some chocolate for the occasion, and out of compulsion arising out of group behaviour, I bought a rose as well. Red rose, because there was no other color available.

I was told that casual was the dress attire, but when I reached there in a banded bush shirt and jeans, I realized that most people preferred evening wear. Oh well, …

The girls where having a contest I guess, whose dress was more revealing. Well, some of them looked like posers, others looked dumb in their revealing clothes, and only a handful looked elegant. Shivi wore a light frock. So, I wasn’t too out of place.

I think we danced for some 2 hours. Discotheque style. Towards the end of two hours, I was running out of moves, and my brain was too tired to come up with new ones. During the dance, we also popped in a little salsa and ballroom dance style. Not that both of us where good dancers, but that we managed. I’m glad I have migrated from the title of “Dud who can’t dance”. Anup on the other hand had the title. Heheheee,,

The event started from 9:45 and I left at 12:15. The dance continued till about 1:30 in the night, till the guards told everyone to pack up.

No comments: